Let's be honest ... most days, we are just trying to survive. Hoping and praying for no broken bones (Mila), that we manage to make it to work wearing stain free outfits that actually coordinate, that everyone remains healthy thoughout the day, that we didn't forget anything we desperately need like the kids' lunch or our work laptops, and that we all make it home happy and safe. Every once in a while (like today), we get confirmation that we are doing something right. We may not do everything right, but if we can just do the important things right by our kids, I call that a win in this game we like to call "the survival of parenthood".
On the way home from school, Nev and I had the following conversation:
Nevie: Mom, I spoke to you in my heart today, did you hear me?
Me: I sure did, Nev....I felt you in my heart talking to me.
Nevie: I knew you did. I told my friends that you are in my heart. My friends asked, isn't God in your heart? I told them, my mom, and God, and my dad, Mila and Jesus, live in my heart.
Me: Tears....thankful we found TLCC and the wonderful teachers/director that has helped us shape our sweet kiddos.


No comments:
Post a Comment