Saturday, February 12, 2011

Happy Adoption Day Nevie!!

Yesterday was a very special day for us. We had the hearing to finalize the adoption of lil Nevie. There were 5 adoption hearings taking place in addition to ours. It was so neat to see these families from all walks of life, nationalities and creeds so happy and blessed by adoption. Many of us chatted while we waited, took pictures for each other and we all congratulated each other. We were the first of the families to go before the judge. The attorney called Chad as a witness first so he answered the bulk of the questions, which I was very thankful for because I was having to fight back tears. :) One of our best friends who happens to be one of Nevie's Godmothers was in attendance and she was kind enough to take pictures during the hearing to memorialize this wonderful moment in time. The judge was so nice. She congratulated us and said Nevie was a beautiful, happy baby. At the end of the hearing, she gave her a little bear.

That evening our close family and very close friends got together for dinner at Milano's to celebrate this wonderful occasion. We had a fantastic time with everyone. We thank our families and friends for their love and support throughout our adoption journey. The entire day I could not help but think of Nevie's birth mom and her sacrafice. Her choice to give Nevie life and place her with us made us the happiest family in the world, and yesterday was the most perfect day.

Waiting to go up to the courtroom.

Sitting outside the courtroom.

Another adoptive couple took this pic for us while we waited for the hearings to start.


Us with Laura, a representive from Chosen Child Adoption Agency.

Us with Anndi outside the courtroom.

Happy Adoption Day Nevie!

This is the court where our hearing was held.

 At the bench with our attorney.


Chad testifying.

I was holding back my tears.

Judge is granting the adoption and congratulating us.

Adoption is final!

After the hearing.


Nevie and I holding her Adoption Decree.


At Milano's....the celebrating with family/friends begins!

Her onesie says: "I'm Officially a Cacciotti Adoption Day 2-11-11"

Chad with our good friend/one of Nev's Godfathers, Brian.

One of Nev's Godmothers, Anndi and her hubby Cole.

Melinda and Elisa holding Sophie, Nev's fav teething toy.

Grandpa doing the adoption dance with Nevie.

Happy Grandparents

More Happy Grandparents

Uncle Dave and Aunt Pat

Uncle Wes, Auntie N/Godparents and cousins Kayleigh and Emery

Nevie doesn't think it's as funny as Auntie N and Godmother does.

Sweet Cousins

Big smiles from Emery and I

Best Cousins!

Awesome Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment