Monday, January 2, 2012

Merry Christmas to all ... and to all a good night!

A child makes Christmas just so much more fun. We really enjoyed the holidays with Nevie this year. She seemed to somewhat "get" what was going on. Uncle Brian taught her how to rip off the gift wrap a couple of days before Christmas and the next day we found her trying to open her cousin's gift that was wrapped under our tree. Like everything else with 16 month olds, the fascination wore off quickly and I ended up opening most of her gifts on Christmas Eve. We were lucky to have both sides of our family over to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ with us. It was a wonderful evening that started off with Mass at our home church then good food, family, lots of laughter and of course the fun of watching the little ones (including my youngest sister who wanted to open her gifts along with Nevie and Emery -ha!) open their presents. We opened gifts from Santa on Christmas morning and then had a great lunch with the family. I'm sad it's all over.


Christmas Eve Outfit

Church Outfit

Emery and Nevie are trying to make their escape.

Leaving feed for the reindeer so that Santa finds his way to our house.

Emery helping Nevie open her present.

Here's another one for you Nevie.

Oohhh....what's this?

Wow...this looks fun to play with.

I like this book.

I can't wait to play with this one.

Time for night-night.


Daddy reading to Nevie on Christmas morning.

Santa brought Nevie a big puppy.

Daddy and Nevie playing with her toys.

I like the puzzle Samta brought me too.


Christmas Day Outfit

I discovered sugar cookies.


Riding on my cool Zebra.


Saying night-night to my puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment