Monday, January 27, 2014

Mila's First Day of School

Drop off on Mila's first day of daycare was hard of course. A little easier because I know the school and the teachers and it's my second time around, but still heart breaking. That all being said, I think Nevie was even more heart broken than I was, if that is possible. She was so upset about having to leave Mila in the nursery to go to her own class. The teachers and director promised Nevie that they would bring her down to check in on Mila and would take good care of her. That wasn't enough. As I walked down the hall carrying Nevie to her class, she cried and yelled "Mila" all the way. Remember those 1980s movies where the girl breaks up with the boy and the boy stands in the rain screaming her name over and over and over again? That was Nevie. The director commented that it was the moms that were supposed to cry, but Nevie was doing the crying for both of us. I didn't know whether to join Nevie in crying or what. So unexpected, but so sweet! Nevie visited Mila three times that first day and evidently when Mila saw Nevie, her face lit up. LOVE.

I'm ready for my first day of school except I am missing a sock.

Big Sisters Rule and I will keep an eye on her.

Sweetest. Things. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment