Tuesday, May 10, 2011

First Mother's Day!

This was my first Mother's Day! The weekend started off with a sweet gift from Nevie that I received when I dropped her off at school Friday morning. It was a onesie made with the help of her teachers that said "#1 Mom" and had her foot prints on it!! My heart melted when I opened up my gift in her classroom. I wanted to cry. That is one gift I will keep forever. It also explains why Nevie came home with red paint on her toes one day last week. Ha! Mother's Day was a very special day for me - one of the best days ever. :) My heart was full of joy and Chad, Nevie and "the girls" made it perfect. The day started off with breakfast in bed. Chad made a feast and it tasted delicious. All my girls jumped in bed and joined me as did my sweet hubby. :) I must also mention the precious necklace Chad and Nevie gave me for Mother's Day and the sweet card that brought tears to my eyes. Ok, so it was an emotional weekend. :) I love both and will cherish them forever as well! After breakfast and lounging around, we went to church and then spent the afternoon in the backyard playing with Nevie in her little pool. Later in the afternoon, we went to my sister's house for a cook-out. Nevie and Cousin Emery played in the water, then we bathed them and it was home to bed. I could not have asked for a better day and am so grateful for the precious gift and blessings I've had bestowed upon me. :) I love my life. I could be a millionaire with a mansion on top of the biggest hill overlooking the most beautiful ocean and I still would not feel more lucky or more blessed than I do today. Thank you God for my wonderful husband, baby, dogs, family and life.

Breakfast by Chef Chad :)

Nevie was tuckered out from all the cooking.

 My baby girls and I lounging in bed.



Nevie would rather chew on her sunglasses than wear them.

My first pool!

I love playing in the water!

Hot day, refreshing orange and hanging in the pool...what more could I want?

This orange is really good.




Daddy is just as much of a kid as I am...he's awesome!

Running through the water....

It's fun to play in the water!

Daddy and Nevie are so cute!

Cousin Emery's turn!

What? Am I all wet?

Yay!

Bath time!

Nevie in the onesie she made me at school. Both are so dang cute. :)

 Really... how lucky am I?

I love her so!

My special gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment