Friday, August 12, 2011

Blanco River Trip 2011

Every year for the past 7 years (with the exception of the year my niece was born), we along with my sister and her family and our cousins have gone to the Blanco River. This was Nevie's first trip to the river and we were so excited. Unfortunately, it did not get off to a good start. Something didn't agree with poor little Nevie or maybe she got car sick, but let's just say we will not be showing our face at the cute pizzeria place in Salado, Texas ever again. I have 2 words for you: projectile vomiting. We were sitting there waiting on our pizza while Nevie ate turkey. All of a sudden, she gets this wierd look on her face and puke shoots out everywhere. I pick her up to console her and puke shoots out all over me. I took her outside as fast as I could to avoid a domino effect amongst those dining there. Luckily, I found a water hose at the end of the shops and hosed us off. These 105 temps we've been experiencing are good for something. The water stays warm for a long time. Meanwhile, Chad cleaned up the table and floor, asked for our pizza to go and high tailed it outta there. Nevie seemed to feel great after she got that out of her system so we ate our pizza on a patio table outside a closed shop al fresco and laughed about what had just happened. I think we've officially been inducted into parenthood.

Prior to leaving town, we took Nevie to her 1 year check-up. She weighs 20 lbs 7.5 oz and is 29 inches long. She has 4 teeth coming in on top; one of which we can already feel. So, although Nevie was not 100% this past weekend, I think she still enjoyed the outdoors and spending time with her cousins, Kayleigh, Emery, Caleb and Diego as well as her aunts and uncles.


No comments:

Post a Comment