Monday, August 1, 2011

My 1st Birthday Party

Nevie's 1st Birthday party was this past Saturday, July 30th. We were expecting a crowd and several kiddos so we started the party at 5p since it was 100 degrees outside. The theme: Lollipops! Both my sisters were a big help. My sister Norma made super cute banners and lollipops to line the walkway leading to the door. I made lollipop trees out of dum dums and put together the party favor display. The party favors were old fashioned lollipops. I put stickers on them that said "Thanks for making my party so sweet! love, Nevie" and bows. It was fun watching her as we sang Happy Birthday. She didn't know quite how to react. At one point, she looked like she might cry, but she held it together. :)We served cupcakes with fondant lollipops and polka dots and Nevie's little smash cake had lollipops and polka dots and a big 1. She went crazy on that smash cake. It was greatness. I wondered whether she would have a tummy ache or be bouncing off the walls since she had never had that much sugar, but she was fine. We had matching cups made with a lollipop on them and "Nevie's 1st Birthday" underneath. Nevie wore her lollipop themed birthday outfit. She looked adorable in it! We served as much food as we could on sticks to go with the theme, such as spirals on sticks and tomatoes/buffalo mozzarella on sticks. My sister Ronnie helped us out with the fruit and veggies. We also had a bounce house and a snow cone machine to entertain the kids. There were about 55 family and friends in attendance to celebrate Nevie's big day. We are so blessed to have such great people in our lives and Nevie is SO loved. She got so many neat and sweet gifts (more to come on that later). It was amazing. We had so much fun, but we still can't believe she's turning 1 tomorrow!

The Invite

The Food

The Cupcakes

The Banners

 Lollipop Trees and Party Favors

The Bounce House

 We hung colorful lanterns around the deck.
Birthday Girl in her Birthday Party Outfit
Mini Friends
Bouncing is fun!

Nevie with her Ma-Maw



Nevie with RaRa and Papa
Cousin Kayleigh and Nevster
 I like this ... whatever it is.
I think I caught Aunt Ronnie in the middle of walking or running. Ha!

 Emery sliding down to Aunt Ronnie. She is wearing a lollipop shirt to fit the theme. :)
 
What are we talking about Zoe and Ashton?

I'm One (or I will be in 3 days)! Zoe is excited. :)
Time to sing Happy Birthday!

 What is this?
I'm not sure what I am supposed to do here.

I get it now.


  Yum .... why hadn't I had this before??
Mama and Daddy with their sweet Birthday Girl!

Playing with it is just as fun as eating it.
Gimme more!

Yummy! Mama and Daddy have been holding out on me.
Time to open presents!


Sweet, beautiful baby.
I'm really smiling behind my paci at my new cuddly puppy.
Ooohhh....books....I LOVE books!

I love my new baby! So sweet!

1 comment:

  1. Love all the pics. wish we could be with you on her birthday. Such a gorgeous little girl with an amazing Family.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete