We can't believe it. Nevis Camille a/k/a Nevie, Nev, Nevster, Nevie-Nev, BG (short for baby girl), Chikita Banana, Mama, Mamacita ... I think that's about it ... is ONE! My heart aches a little. I feel like next week, she will be annoucing her college choice and at Christmas break will be telling us she is going to marry some hairy, hippy guy (not that there is anything wrong with hippies...only the hairy ones. kidding!). Ok, maybe I'm being a little dramatic. :) In all seriousness, one year ago today our lives changed. We were given the most precious gift and we are forever grateful. We are still in awe of our birth mother's love and sacrafice for lil Nevie. So amazing. Nevie is so sweet, so beautiful and so perfect. We never knew our hearts could hold so much more happiness and love. Today was such a great day. Nevie woke up so happy. We took her year pictures with Funzy, her penguin pal. I brought cupcakes to school to share with her classmates and watched several 1 yr olds devour them. They were chocolate. That was all her Daddy. I'm sure the teacher was loving us, but in Chad's defense, there weren't any vanilla ones left, or so he says. Regardless, the kiddos loved them, and it was a sight to see. One kid actually ate his in 2 bites. I was shocked! Another kid was licking the table. Hilarious! Another kid was mad after he finished his cupcake...he wanted more. We picked Nevie up early from school. She opened our present which was a puzzle. We are still working on her big gift, which is a picnic table. It just needs a coat of clear protectant and it will be ready for years of use. She also opened a present from her sweet teacher. Then, we went to an early dinner with Ma-maw, Pa-Pa, Aunt Norma, and cousins Kayleigh and Emery where Nevie ate her 2nd cupcake of the day. On the way home, she was laughing and giggling at her sippy cup. I think she was on a sugar high. Again, it was a great day!

Aw Funzy ... this will be our last picture together. I'm One today!
You make me laugh Funzy.
It's my birthday today!
Cute little cupcake.
Is this for me? This isn't our usual snack.
Ummm....delicious!
Can you say messy?
Must get all the chocolate off my fingers.
I know I'm a bit of a messy eater. Don't judge.
Little lady doing doing her puzzle.
Another present?!?!
Make a wish.
Another one? They kept cupcakes away from me for so long and now I get two in one day. I don't get it.
Who cares why ... it's good!
Emery likes it too!
Forget the manners ... I'm just diving in.
Our happy family on Nevie's 1st Birthday. Nevie really is happy. I promise. :)
Sugar High
No comments:
Post a Comment