Saturday, June 25, 2011

First Father's Day!

I am just now getting to blog about Chad's first Father's Day. It's been a puky week, and I mean that literally in part. I was in trial (it did not go well) and Chad had several meetings, a trial (his went better than mine) and court hearings scheduled. We were running around all week like two chickens with our heads cut off. Nevie decided it was the perfect week to teethe with the worst possible symptoms, possibly catch a stomach bug and/or just gag from drainage to the point where she puked. Whatever the source, it was a disgustingly puky week. I was puked on, Daddy was puked on, the crib was puked on, the rug was puked on and our bed was puked on. Maddie and Nana were the only ones that somehow made it out unscathed, remarkably. So that was our week in all our parental glory. ha!

Now back to Father's Day. It decided to pretend like it was going to storm so our brunch plans went by the wayside (you know crazy Nana in storms). Regardless, we had a fantastic day. We ordered in for brunch and played outside in the pool and then went over to my parents to hang out with the family and finish off the leftovers from my parents' 40th Anniversary Party the night before. Father's Day/Daddy's b-day gifts (which was the the next day): a sweet coffee cup made by Nevie at school, lots of cool, ultimate, very necessary grilling tools, a new pair of swim trunks and a new hat ... all for our Summer of outdoor fun.

 Just need to get my sunscreen on and we'll be ready for the pool.

You can't have the sunscreen. I'm playing with it.

 I can't wait to get out there!

By the way, I'm ready to learn how to surf too ... at least I have the proper attire for it.

 Ohhhh .... the water feels good.

Playing in the water makes me happy.

Sugar for Daddy.

A&M was playing that night. Can you tell? :)

Sleepy Baby.

Best daddy and baby in the world! Happy Father's Day Sweetie!.
Daddy's sweet gift from Nevie. She made it all by herself...she's an artistic genius. :)

 Nevie's hand print.

 And, her picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment